How Do I Work with Clients?
How does coaching work?
At Resistant Vision, we have three steps to working with clients:
- Calming your nervous system using Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT/tapping), self-care, and pleasure inventories;
- Clarifying your goals and paving a path ahead; and
- Committing to your goals to bring about the life you want.
As a coach, I work with lawyers to:
- Get out of fight, flight, or freeze - no more feeling held hostage to your bosses and clients;
- Prioritize your well-being;
- Reconnect with the amazing ways you wanted to make a mark on the world; and
- Set a path forward to leaving your mark.
As a result, clients have built the professional and personal habits they need to have a sustainable legal career and create the world they want without burnout and exhaustion.
Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), also known as tapping, is a simple tool that can clean up the feelings we have associated with trauma and physical hurts by literally tapping on acupuncture points while repeating phrases. This is fundamental to lawyers transforming their work lives so you're not held hostage to work, your family, or community. This is fundamental to creating pleasure in your life and spreading that pleasure.
Real Results for Clients
They develop the routines they need for their legal careers; and
They graduate with jobs.
When I have used EFT with clients, they have found relief from chronic physical ailments such as back pain and sore jaws. They have also been able to lower their stress levels and achieve mental clarity so that they could strategize their next steps in tackling various responsibilities in the academic milieu. EFT has enabled my clients to continue their academic writing, change advisors in a doctoral program, and prepare for promotional reviews. When I personally have used this tool, I have been able to lower my own blood pressure and overcome insomnia.
Clients don't often realize that by the time they finished working with me, they are on a path to resist what is wrong and move forward distinct solutions, no matter how big or small, that undo the web of oppressions and replaces them with a world that nourishes heart, mind, and spirit.
BOTTOM LINE: They are happier and more connected with all aspects of their lives and have the tools to change things when they fly off the rails.