What is Resistant Vision?
Scholars and lawyers are working with fewer resources.
Scholars are working with less time and money, combined with incessant attacks on our expertise and the necessity of what we do.
Lawyers continue to have less time, and depending on your sector, less money. Legal resources for the regular person are consistently diverted to the owning class, thereby increasing the stress for lawyers across sectors.
As a result, when we practice law, or when we are working towards tenure, promotion, raises, and grants, we do so in a way that is dissociated form our bodies.
As a result:
- We are exhausted.
- We are isolated.
- We are further away from the lives we thought we could create as lawyers and scholars.
And we're doing this at a time where we are facing a tremendous crisis - the climate emergency.
Did you know that 80% of the earth’s land is owned by White men?
And did you wonder why making a dent in the climate emergency was so difficult?
This may sound like you have a ton more work to do. And you don’t have the time to take on such a massive project.
However, we cannot effect the change we want from a point of utter exhaustion because we’re busy working 70 – 90 hours per week.
Here at Resistant Vision, we don’t expect change without making sure we calm our nervous systems, set up self-care practices, and keep our pleasure inventory handy.
That’s right, the road to rebalancing who owns land is through your pleasure.
The road to reproductive agency is through your pleasure.
If you’re tired of donating 30 – 40 hours per week to your employer because you want to make a massive impact on the world;
If you’re tired of sleepless nights;
If you’re tired of you cell phone under your pillow;
If you’re tired of delaying your pleasure and thereby delaying everything else you want out of your life, we are here for you.
At Resistant Vision we value:
- Pleasure and Joy: This is the foundational reason why we want to create sustainable lives – so we can experience as much pleasure and joy as possible and make sure that other people do too.
- Social Justice: We stand for fully respecting all people and supporting everyone, particularly targeted and marginalized populations, to live robust lives.
- Self-Care: We need to be physically, emotionally, spiritually, and psychically whole beings to live the lives we want.
- Community: We want to create the change we want for ourselves, our families, our communities, we build coalitions to bring all level of change about.
- Clarity: We set visions, goals, and steps to achieve what we want and we solve the problems we come up against from their roots.
THIS is how we create lives that are sustainable for us and for everyone else. This is how we create and maintain reproductive agency. This is how we do land back.
Interested? Join us.
Who have we worked with?